Old 05-30-12, 09:25 AM
JTGraphics

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by John_V
I use SPD pedals on my road bike and use Decksters that clip into the pedal to convert them to platform pedals. Several of the guys in my Saturday riding club have made their own similar version of the Decksters from pieces of aluminum or plywood with non-skid material on the top side to work with their particular pedals. You will need to have an extra pair of cleats so you don't have to take them off your shoes each time. An old, worn out pair will do if you happen to have a set lying around. You'll need to be careful not to twist your foot on the platform if your pedals don't have tensioning screws or they will unclip from the pedal.
I made something like these for Speedplay pedals
What I did for the kids on my tandem I wanted their feet to stay on the pedals I have speed plays on it, I picked up some universal toe clips with straps I tool some J-B Stik Steel-Reinforced Repair Putty Epoxy molded it into the bottom of them and made them flat. I then took some speed play cleats and drilled holes to mount them onto the toe clips when I need them I just snap them on the pedals put the kids feet in the straps and I'm good to go.