Mr. Beanz
Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by chefisaac
CO2 inflating heads: do they make any with a psi gauge? I blew mine off the bead today
I'm betting that was operator error. I use road tires 120 psi and the many many times I have inflated with a CO2, the max presure is about 100 tops. I'd almost bet you didn't have the bead seated properly or similar.

The reason I carry a very small pump with me when using CO2. I use it to mount and seat the tire properly, then inflate with the CO2 to finish. You can control the psi using CO2 with the nozzle while feeling the hardness of the tire with yur hand if you are worried about over inflating. But I doubt you can over inflate with a CO2 as they get wimpy at higher psi.

I patch then toss after the third patch. I know riders that sweat having the patches on because of rotational weight. ..........I only use the vulcanizing patches, they work great. But I patch at home then replace the fresh tube to the seat pack. I use the new tube on the road then R&R at home.

I don't rotate tires. Swap front and back? I NEVER place a used tire on the front for safety reasons.

Never bought in bulk (online) but thougth about it. Everytime I think about it, Performance has a sale so I just pick up 2 or 3 to back up the 3 we carrry as spares on the bikes (we carry 2 in my seatpack and 1 in Gina's).

Last edited by Mr. Beanz; 05-30-12 at 05:49 PM.