View Single Post
Old 05-31-12, 02:46 PM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4199 Post(s)
Liked 2,913 Times in 1,781 Posts
Originally Posted by Retro Grouch
No problem. Ask for what you want and don't apologize for asking. "Since I'm paying for a brand new bike, I don't want the floor model." It isn't your responsibility to make the bike shop people happy. They earn their money by making you happy.

Practically speaking, bike manufacturers generally cover the shipping costs when bike shops to buy in quantity. The upshot of that is there is a very good chance that the bike shop has a brand new bike in the box exactly like you want. Tell them that you want that one. If they want your money (and you know they do) they'll build it up for you.
Another option is to ask if they can get it for you in the other color scheme (many models come in 2 or 3 different colors and if you want a different one than is on the floor they'll have to order it for you - will still give it a test ride after building it up though).