View Single Post
Old 06-02-12, 06:21 PM
nuttygrandma

Bikes: Giant Sedona

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I had so much fun realizing inclines were not that much of a challenge on that incline today that I'm considering going back with my granddaughter, especially since I figured out I don't have to park 1/2 mile away. I can't imagine having to purchase much more, maybe a different trunk rack. This bike just doesn't fit on the same way as the other bike and I've got some scratches now on my car that I'm gonna have to figure out how to fix. I think I'm gonna have to make some pedal cozies for transporting. When I put this bike up next to the other one, it's actually bigger and longer. That's why it looked funny on the car. Also, I bought a bar for putting the bike on the car. That bar was well worth the $30. So much easier fitting it on the rack. Other than that, I do need to get some bungy cords or something to secure the wheels when transport. I wonder how I' gonna fit 2 bikes on my carrier, too.

I'm still concern about my granddaughter's bike. She just completed a bike safety class so that won't be an issue. she's on a 20" bike and really needs a 24". I guess I'll have to look on Monday when I get up to Chesapeake, to see if she has deraileurs on her bike. I'm thinking she's already riding with gears. We were talking over the weekend about her needing a new bike and her birthday is coming up in August. She will be 11 and kids do grow so spending alot right now, is not a good economic decision. I think I'll put a bug in some peoples ears that we need to find a bike shop in Chesapeake that sell used kid bikes.