View Single Post
Old 06-05-12, 01:05 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
1999 and I was intraining for my long hard ride. One weekend and we did a 40 mile offroad and I then did an extra 20 on the road complete with knobblies and a few lbs of Mud on the bike. Next weekend and a metric on the road. My co-rider- who was fit and was also intraining for the ride- asked me to take a couple of MPH out after 55 miles and just before the Long hill. next weekend and a 65 mile out and back on the last part of the hard ride. Went out hard- stopped for lunch and leisurely cruise back taking in the 3 hardest hills of the 100 mile route. Found we still had a bit of time on our hands so suggested we do one last hill. My co-rider groaned but did it with me.

That was on a Sunday- Wednesday going into work and I got indigestion. 1 hour later I was in the cardiac unit with blocked arteries. Angiogram and the Doc doing it asked if it was cycling or swimming? "Pardon"--he said that the way my Aorta was so clear- it was either swimming or Cycling as those are the two sports he knew of that would keep it that clear. My heart was pumping so strong that it forced the blood through the blocked arteries and saved my life.

So Like Mobile- Until I die of it- I won't believe it.

Spike Milligan