Old 06-07-12, 10:14 AM
MH817

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm starving - any suggestions?

Hey guys,

I just recently started getting more serious about cycling and have been logging about 100+- miles a week. It's been great so far, and I'm already getting into much better shape. I'm not losing a ton of pounds, but I can definitely feel the weight being reallocated - I feel about 10 lbs skinnier than I actually am if that makes any sense.

Anyway... since I've been riding so much I've found that I am absolutely starving all the time. I know I need to eat more to keep fueling, but I just can't seem to get full. It gets the worst at night, and I usually have a snack before bed. I try to keep it as healthy as possible - a protein shake or some cottage cheese - but I'm looking for more suggestions.

What have you guys found that's healthy enough and will still keep you full? I've had more of a weightlifting background in the past, so I know all about nutrition for that - protein protein and more protein - but I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around needing this many carbs.

I'm a bigger guy (6'2, 220lbs), but I have a really long torso and short legs (30' inseam), so I don't consider myself overweight. I'd like to drop to about 190-200 eventually, but that may not be possible given my frame.

Thanks!