Old 06-07-12, 02:21 PM
krome

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Actually, I kinda like the Spanninga l̶u̶c̶e̶o̶ ̶ Micro FF. I think it compares favorably with the inexpensive battery powered LED lights like the PB Blaze. I like the fact that it retains a charge if you switch it off. As far as flashing at low speed, that happens on more expensive lights also (I have an edelux also).

I consider it a dynamo light for those who are unwilling to spend a lot of $$$ on a better lighting system, and do the occasional night ride. I consider the Luceo to be a minimum light, compare it to a old Sturmey Archer incandescent driven by an old SA dynohub, and it beats the vintage system.

It would not be my first choice for someone who rides at night on a daily basis. The Lyt is the next level up on inexpensive lights. I like it because it provides good side marker lighting as well. (Side marker lighting to be seen, not to see with).

Correction Edit: I mistook the Luceo for the Micro FF. I have both and what I said above was intended for the Micro FF. The Luceo does not have as nice of electronics as the Micro FF, but they are both about the same brightness. I'm comparing the LED versions of both lights.

Last edited by krome; 06-08-12 at 10:40 AM.