Old 06-11-12, 09:42 AM
Ar.Pi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you for all the replies.

Originally Posted by Spld cyclist
When you say you have a weak back, does that mean you have an injury or just weak muscles? If it's the latter, you probably could get used to it (especially if you feel just a little more stretched out than you want to be rather than a lot). Working on flexibility might also help.
I don't have injury. Just when, for instance, I bend down (walking with small children) for a while it starts to hurt. I just don't want to spend 1500$ to realize its a pain to ride. When i tested the 2 bikes i talked about, my back was fine, i'm just wandering after 2-3 hours ride what will happen...

Mondo734

Im surprised that this hasn't been asked yet, but what exactly are you going to be using the bike for? Are you actually planning on racing cyclocross or just looking for a multipurpose bike, or just something more comfortable than a road bike?
I'm intending on going about 30-50km per day with multiple stops in Brooklyn (not the best roads, with bumps and stuff).

The reason I want to move from my Crosstrail Sport (and I wouldn't have if it wasnt stolen!!!! ) is I thought on getting a bit more speed, but I dont want to sacrifice comfort.

It seemed like you're contradicting yourself. First you want an upright bike, but the Specialized Crosstail Sport has an abnormally "longer" tope tube (about 30 to 40mm) longer than a typical normal hybrid would be for each size.
I guess it wasnt as upright as my wife's bike i ride right now which is completely upright (some entry level Schwin Hybrid). I need to rephrase, not "upright" but rather "comfortable".

Even when I started biking on the Crosstrail in the beginning my back was hurting just a bit but I got used to it and little by little I got more miles every day.

If you feel good on a Specialized Tri Elite, this means that your body fits good on Specialized bikes.
I guess you are right.

So what else can I try out that is similar to the Specialized Tri Elite with disc brakes? (I would try them all but my time is limited :/).

Thank you all again.