rain13

Bikes: Tikit, CarryMe, Frog 16

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by spunkyj
***UPDATE: wrong information in above posts***

I emailed Pacific, and the information directly from them is that the outer diameter (OD) of the steerer (high rise stem) and of the handlebars are 25.4 mm. The person who emailed me said to "ignore the 1 1/8 in threaded" specification, as that only applies to where the stem enters the headtube.

So, in order to replace the stem on a Pacific CarryMe, a 1 inch threadless stem with a 25.4 mm clamp is required. The rep from Pacific also informed me that it was fine to use a 130 mm stem and that it should not adversely affect the bike's handling. Hope this helps anyone looking to do a stem swap for extra cockpit length.
Thank you for clearing that up, it's kinda hard to get accurate information when even the official website is wrong

And did you noticed that when you install the rear rack, you cant roll the bike anymore when folded? The roller wheel is too small and the rear rack is basically rendering them useless. I've emailed Pacific regarding this matter and they suggesting me to put bigger wheels (which I did, but only to partially solved the issue, I can now roll it when folded but only at certain uncomfortable angle).

A bit weird to make accesory only to cause one of the main feature (the ability to roll when folded) useless.