Old 06-12-12, 01:02 AM
spunkyj

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rain13
And did you noticed that when you install the rear rack, you cant roll the bike anymore when folded? The roller wheel is too small and the rear rack is basically rendering them useless. I've emailed Pacific regarding this matter and they suggesting me to put bigger wheels (which I did, but only to partially solved the issue, I can now roll it when folded but only at certain uncomfortable angle).

A bit weird to make accessory only to cause one of the main feature (the ability to roll when folded) useless.
I haven't bought my CarryMe yet, but its disappointing to hear the that the rack design on the 2010+ models is not allowing the bike to roll properly. It seems to me that there have been great reviews of the rear rack and its luggage capacity for earlier models, including extendable racks. The 2010 rack does appear small in comparison, but from photos it appears to be short enough to clear the wheels. Are you sure yours is installed properly?

I'd be interested in getting opinions from 2010+ CarryMe owners on the usefulness of the rear or front racks.