carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Thanks, guys.

Originally Posted by topflightpro
I had a slightly similar experience a week ago. I went out for the Tuesday night race series, and once on the course, I just felt tired and lazy. I ended up just sitting in for most of the first race because I really didn't feel like working, then made sure to attach on to the right wheels at the end. I got my best result there this season. I mean, it could have been better, but I was still happy.

That result had me a bit more motivated in the second race, where I got not only my best result of the season, but the best result ever in that race series.
^^^ THIS is exactly how I feel with similar results.

Last night I did a Chariot race feeling the same way. I couldn't believe when I looked at my file later that I posted an average speed 2.5kph faster than than I did at Masters Team Sprint last year as the first man. The Nationals performance was during a peak with the added intensity of the biggest event of the season (by the way, we got 4th in the fastest group, 30+). Last night I was faster without a peak and having my legs loaded up after a tough-ish block.

I'll probably take waterrockets' advice of not racing for a while. Maybe I'll take 2-3 days off in a row, too.