no1mad 
Thunder Whisperer

Bikes: '06 Kona Smoke

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TopKatz
I looked at a lot of stuff and I rode my fathers Specialized Sirus, and I fiddled with the Trek FX stuff. I was leaning toward the FX because of my previous purchase until I started reading about the Coda and the fans of them. I never owned an aluminum frame bike, they did not exist when I was into it back in the day. I like the classic lines of the coda, and the road feel of the steal. In the end I felt the added weight was a non issue because I'm not going to bunny hopping this thing over any stumps.

At the end of the day tooling around the parking lot of a bike shop is not enough to tell anything. I dont have enough seat time on anything at this point to really make a comment one way or another on comparisons. I'm very happy with it. It's a simple bike, well built in US and my LBS had it in one day.

Hope that helps.
If you mean unpacked and final assembly done by the LBS, sure. But the frames and components are imported. Except for the boutique and custom frame makers, I don't believe there is one single mass produced bike made in the U.S. anymore...

I stopped by the new Jamis dealer in town to inquire about the Coda and was informed that he was unable to get any 2012 Coda Sports. Told me I would have to wait until the 2013s come out or pony up the extra dough and order a Coda Comp.