Old 06-16-12, 07:04 PM
bigfred 

Bikes: More than 1, but, less than S-1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Michelin Optimum Pro's, GP4Seasons, Maxxis Re-Fuse or ???

My new 585's require some tread. I'm looking for a good training and group ride tire that favors the following priorities:

1. Must be 25mm or 28mm
2. Grip and road feel
3. Puncture protection
4. Longevity
5. Price

Of late I've been riding mostly on Maxxis Re-fuses and liked them well enough. Very few punctions until tread was nearly worn away, good grip. I have some Vittoria Rubino Pro's which I hate. Not enought grip, wet or dry.

Recently worked on a friends bike that had the Optimum Pro's on it and they looked really good. Seemed light, flexible and run slighlty large compared to indicated size. How are they with regard to puncture resistance?

GP4S, seem to run true to narrow, so would probably go with 28mm. How do they compare to GP4000's and Gatorskins? I would be hoping for the handling and suppleness of 4000's but with slightly better puncture protection, without being as hard as Gatorskins.

Maxxis Re-fuses I'm plenty familiar with, but, if anyone has ridden them as well as either of the above, comparisons would be most welcome.

Is there some other great all around tire that I'm missing?