Old 06-17-12, 07:00 PM
Kimmo 
bike whisperer

Bikes: https://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=152015&p=1404231

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1523 Post(s)
Liked 716 Times in 508 Posts
Originally Posted by cny-bikeman
As to the general solution of requesting a full refund on a service: I have done so before and received what I asked sometimes, and other times not. One should ask for a full refund for a service only if one has no faith in the merchant having performed the service properly nor in their ability to do so in the future. In that case the logical next step would be to no longer use that merchant, and to pay for a different merchant to provide that service.
This seems like the crux of it to me. If you give up on that shop, by all means ask for a full refund. Not unreasonable if the manager thinks this mistake is no big deal.

But if the manager (never mind the mechanic) is sufficiently mortified about this bit of epic brainfade and wants to make it up to you, I think it's a bit unfair to ask for one; he should be able to provide satisfaction for the money paid.

Also, I'm surprised something like this could happen without damaging the threads in the crank. I'd say a free pair of crank arms are likely in order.