Old 06-18-12, 11:56 AM
corwin1968

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by jasonmg1981
corwin....thanks for the info

The front suspension is not absolutely necessary, but it was included on all the bikes I found at that price range. All I want is a sturdy frame and wheels, a cassette instead of a freewheel, and index shifters. Most of these bikes just happened to fit my specs. I rode a trek 7.2 fx last week. I loved the speed of it compared to my mountain bike, but hated the seat and the forward position, as my hands felt bad after a 10 minute ride. Maybe I should look at a set of handlebars like on your multitrack. The coda sport is in my pricerange and is cheaper than the 7.2 fx.....here is a link to the bike . will the stem on the coda accept a handle bar like yours? Thanks for the reply and the idea.... I am open to suggestions

I'm just learning the mechanics side of bicycling but I'm pretty sure that for the most part, flat-bars (as opposed to drop or curled bars like on a road bike) tend to all be the same diameter and to be interchangeable. The one thing on that bike is that you could replace the level stem (the part the handlebars attach to) with one with a lot of rise. That would bring the stock handlebars higher and would probably be the easiest modification. The LBS should be happy to do this for you at the time of purchase.

Here is a photo of the Trek 7.2 that I owned. Note how the stem attaching the handlebars angles up, significantly raising the stock handlebars.