Sixty Fiver
Bicycle Repair Man !!!

Bikes: See my sig...

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 96 Posts
Originally Posted by AdonisPaxon
Everytime I think I find one, I find another the same but with a different name:

http://www.cyclespeugeot.com/images/...eugeot_UE8.jpg

So according to that makes this...

UE 8 - The Equipped Deluxe 10 Speed Touring Model 100% original. (WoW)

Now to figure out the Price once more. I am interested in selling it locally for no less than 800, as it is in Exellent condition.
It is a mass produced Peugeot UE8 that I would estimate to be a 76-77 model based on the decals, headbadge, and brakes. They were produced in massive numbers and are by no means rare and the purple colour may be one of the least common which might add some value to someone who grew up watching Barney.

In mint condition and by mint I mean, with no flaws or evidence of ever being ridden it might fetch $400.00 which would be at the high end of things in a crazed market and more likely will fetch $250.00 - $300.00 to someone who just had to have it.

These were an entry level bicycle that sold for around $110.00 new when your entry level racing bicycle sold for $350.00 - $400.00... if it was a PX10 racing bicycle in mint condition it could fetch 4 figures but it is a UE8 which makes it worth a little more than a UO8 because of the excellent mudguards, rack, and lights.

I love these bikes and have owned a few and restored and refitted countless numbers of these bicycles and very nice examples with upgraded wheel sets and cranks have brought me as much as $275.00 and looked as nice as yours.

If I had a bike like this roll into my shop I'd sell it for around $250.00 and this would be after it received a complete overhaul and would not buy a bike like this for more than $100.00 because of the amount of time and work I put into bikes I sell.