Old 06-21-12, 01:50 PM
gyozadude

Bikes: Bridgestone RB-1, 600, T700, MB-6 w/ Dirt Drops, MB-Zip, Bianchi Limited, Nashbar Hounder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yepp! You sound like you got the bug! There are 12 bikes in my household of 5 people. One for my son, one for my older daughter, one for my little 4 yr old daughter, two for my wife (because she's worth it!). And you do the math, the rest for Moi!

Wanna support your LBS? Get more bikes. Have one in service, and ride one of other 6. You need one for each day of the week, maybe... :-) And get to savour that exceptional feeling of a freshly serviced bike on a regular basis; the unmatched smoothness and stealth of quiet gears that are hardly discernible with the wind whistling past your ears...

Passed by a new guy with a big grin today on the way to work. He was riding a fairly new Fuji Absolute 2.0 2011. I slowed to check out the bike. Stayed with him for about a mile. He paid $499 online he said and was really happy with the bike and he looked it too. Had the insignia of the world's biggest chip maker on his backpack. Not the one you get at their big annual tradeshows, but a very special one reserved for close partners and internal teams. I proceeded on my way, thinking how great it was to see another fellow engineering geek pedalling to work. I'm not going to be surprised to see him more often on the trail.