Old 06-21-12, 02:37 PM
wa_phil

Bikes: 2012 Specialized CrossTrail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lurker's First Post!

I have been lurking on the forums for about two months now and finally decided to make my first post.

A little bit about me:

I'm 40 years old and a 6'2" Clyde, pushing about 315 recently and just got into cycling in April after about a 15 or so year gap.

My motivation to start cycling again was partly due to my wife wanting to get a bike to just ride around the neighboorhood for something to do. After researching her bike (we choose a Specialized Ariel) and seeing her ride it for a few weeks, I decided I wanted to join her.

Around this time I was also diagnosed with Sleep Apnea and started using a CPAP machine (I'm also a diabetic). The sleep study and recent turn to 40 was the real wake up call for me to start getting fit, seeing how 315 was the most I ever weighed. I decided on a Specialized Crosstrail due to where we live and also because I wasn't sure what my split would be between road and packed trails. We had talked bout riding trails, but have yet to do so!

My wife and I do daily rides 3 times a week on weeknights and two rides on both weekend days when weather permits. Since we live on a ridge we decided to do flat loops in and out our neighboorhood (about 1.1 miles per loop), with weekday rides being around 3 miles, weekend around 5. After 2 months, we have worked our distance up to 7-8 mile weekday rides and are up to 15 miles on both weekend days. We recently started going down off the ridge via the longer less steep route which on the way back up covers 150 feet of climb over 2 miles.

Anyway, I just wanted to post a quick introduction!

-Phil