Old 06-23-12, 02:25 PM
gomango

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 821 Post(s)
Liked 255 Times in 142 Posts
Originally Posted by teetime
I'm more curious about this ride. It would really be a stretch for me, but it's intriguing. Has anyone here actually done the ride? If so, what distance/time and age at the time?

iab, sorry about crashing, been there. I looked at your Crystal Lake loop, and the max grade was 3%, where the grades on the ride are more like 12%. How long does a loop take you? I know you said no computer, but you must have a close idea of the time on the CL loop. Have you ridden this before, or have friends? How old are you? You must have good legs to ride an older bike on such a long, hilly ride. I'm figuring you will probably running a low gear of somewhere in the 30 gear inch range, or mid 2 gain ratio for this ride, or do you climb like Pantani?

If I do this ride, I don't want to be guy everyone waits for.
You obviously have nothing to worry about, as I will be there.

That puts you in at least the second slot, so no worries.

I haven't done this ride, but we are doing several weekends on gravel down in southern Minnesota before this sorty.

In addition, I have ridden recently in western Wisconsin and there are no easy routes out there with long climbs on the way to New Richmond.

I did fine. Just lowered my speed and spun away.

In my favor is the fact I am riding now most days of the week, so base miles won't be an issue.

Really though, at my age, there is no dishonor in walking up a hill.

I'd sign up and join in if you have the time!