View Single Post
Old 06-23-12, 10:11 PM
uncrx2003

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Machka View Post
I pack lots of things on my rides. I feel better and safer if I carry a pump, spare tube, and tire levers so I can remedy a flat tire situation and keep riding. With the variable weather I encounter, I carry a rain and/or wind jacket, and sometimes both. They help keep me warm, dry, safe, and healthy. When I cycle in low visibility situation, I use hi-vis clothing and reflective safety gear so I can be seen.

Get yourself a good hi-vis yellow jacket ... it's amazing how far away they can be spotted, and they pack down quite small. They can also be really light. No permits required to pack one.
My good friend got run down on purpose the other day. This is not about visibility. I wear bright clothing almost every time I'm riding. I do agree that 99% of the drivers out there are good people. It's the 1% that are out there looking for reason to hurt someone. Those are the ones I worry about. I've been extremely lucky since I started riding 3 yrs ago as I have not dealt with any idiots on the road but I not blind to the fact that many people reported their encounters on the local forum.