Old 06-25-12, 08:51 AM
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Jacksonville Florida
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I hate when 700c wheels are called 28" or 29" because they are SMALLER than 27" rims and those are not accurate descriptions. Although the tires are not interchangeable, 27 inch tubes can work on a 700c rim and tire in the range of 25- 32 mm wide. I was uncomfortable buying them that way, but now that I've done it, it's no problem and some tubes have both sizes labled on them.

If you want to use a schrader valve- the most common 27" tube- you have to ream out the valve stem hole a bit- I use them on my motorized bikes because I find that the schrader valves actually hold air longer.

Here's a bit I wrote - an Amazon review of a 700c tire with some equivalent measurements

Last edited by harpon; 06-25-12 at 08:55 AM.
harpon is offline