Thread: Alt Bike Ideas
View Single Post
Old 08-05-05, 04:39 AM
Sammyboy
The Legitimiser

Bikes: Gazelle Trim Trophy, EG Bates Track Bike, HR Bates Cantiflex bike, Nigel Dean fixed gear conversion, Raleigh Royal, Falcon Westminster.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
I'm building an adult size Schwinn Krate, or as near as I can get, since double loop cruiser frames are like rocking horse crap in the UK! I've got a Mountain bike frame, that came from the top for £5, so I get 15 speeds (plenty of hills where I ride!). Then I got a set of triple tree downhill forks, which I might lengthen, but maybe not, since Krates had short forks. A 20" front wheel, with a whitewall tyre, ridiculous 25" ape hangers (which I love), a banana seat and a 36" sissy bar. I'm gonna build it up next week. I think I'll call it the Elephant Krate!

Also, to get the front wheel, I bought a childs mountain bike, 5 speed. Since I'm removing the suspension fork and front wheel from the doner frame, I thought I'd retrofit them to the kids bike, making a reverse chopper of sorts. Everything else standard on that for now. I made my son a BMX with forks stretched by 12", and an old Raleigh chopper seat, so he can have the reverser as well, for something more easily rideable!