Old 06-26-12, 07:28 PM
aixaix 
car guy, recovering

Bikes: Olympia Competizione & Special Piuma, Frejus track circa 1958, Dahon Helios, many others

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Taking this seriously for just a moment... The two saddles are different designs. The first is sprung and the bars that tie the nose to the cantle plate look skinnier than on the pro. The cantle plate itself doesn't wrap as far around the sides as the pro's does. The leather sides are also cut higher near the nose than the pro. Finally, it has three holes in the top.

Comparing the relative stiffness of these two saddles makes no sense.

I have Brooks saddles on maybe ten bicycles. Some are from the early 1970s; some are modern and a few are in between. About half are Professionals and the others are B17s. I can't see a difference in quality between the oldest and newest. They all work better for me than any other saddle I ever used. I have rarely touched the tensioning nuts.

Although I haven't owned one since 1969, the sprung Brooks saddles I have seen recently are definitely softer than B17s or pros. This seems designed in. You may hate the saddle, but your video isn't likely to convince anybody the saddle is defective or shoddy.