Old 06-29-12, 04:35 PM
haaseg

Bikes: 2010 FUJI SL-1 Comp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ
The 1st photo actually doesn't snow much damage, it's the paint that's scraped off. The metal underneath is barely scratched. The optical illusion of having the camera-lens close to the dropout, but not perpendicular to the face makes it appear that the tip of the dropout is pinched in. But it's really not, the slot is close to parallel and as long as the wheel slides in, it's good.

The 2nd photo does appear to show that the dropouts may not be aligned parallel to each other from side-to-side. Without going to the shop and using the dropout-alignment tools, you can make a quick measurement to verify:
This is contradictory. You are saying that due to the camera angle, you cannot tell how bad the damage in the first picture is - it looks like it's just paint. But then, even given the camera being slightly off-center in the second picture, you say the dropouts look like they may not be aligned parallel? I am not really trying to criticize this assessment though - I think it underscores what others have said - this bike needs to go to the LBS.

I measured between the drop in 6 spots - front, middle, and back x top and bottom. All 6 measurements were 127mm.

Re: comment about the adjuster angle - that adjuster is bent. I cannot make the adjustment from the outside - only using a flat-head from the inside (just discovered this). I tried to bend it back by hand, and although it's not straight, it's straighter. So I can't rule out that got bent during shipment or even leaning the bike up against something.

Thanks for the replies.