View Single Post
Old 06-29-12, 07:01 PM
randyjawa 

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, 196? Torpado Professional, 2000 Marinoni Piuma

Mentioned: 186 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1083 Post(s)
Liked 867 Times in 522 Posts
Bianchi made lots of different models, both in Italy and Japan. That said, any bicycle, be it low end or high end could be fitted with safety levers and stem shifters. This entry level Bianchi was fitted with both...

Of course, the bike I pictured is much lower end than the one presented by the OP. The OP's bike is likely made in Japan and fitted with original components. Mid level, at best, but a nice enough bike to ride, assuming the geometry isn't screwed up. And it is on the OP's bike.

The fork is badly bent and warrants replacement, in my opinion. I don't mind straightening out a fork, but not one that has been subjected to that much trauma.

Also, look closely at the top and down tubes. The forks got a pretty serious Kapow, that's for sure, and one would have to wonder if that trauma was transferred to the frame? Perhaps you could send clear pictures of the top and down tubes, showing their intersections with the head tube. If you see anything that looks like cracked paint..,

...then chances are the frame set is tweaked, also...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Bia_Black_57FF_Full_S_1.jpg (101.0 KB, 9 views)