View Single Post
Old 07-01-12, 11:05 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
It did finish up being a short ride due to weather. Heavy showers and a 25mph wind. The wind was expected but not the showers. Went inland so we would have a downhill run on the way back into the wind and I was the only one that took a waterproof. It looked fine when we started and the others seemed to think the wet stuff had passed. I did not take the chance and put my wind/water proof in the pocket.

First local hill and the teenager was gone. Rest of us had a tailwind and the hill was not noticed. Few ups and downs and the bloke I used to ride with stayed with us. 10 miles out and time to turn round as the wind strength was getting up and it may have been mainly downslope on the way back but it was hard. Down to a cafe for Coffee and we waited for our new rider to arrive.--and waited-and waited-and he arrived just as we finished the coffee. It had only been 5 miles since the turn round but the wind got him. So down the MUP to get some shelter from the wind and he was suffering. Especially when the shower hit us. That was one downpour but not for long. We kept riding but surprising how much rain fell in such a short space of time---and it kept falling through the trees for even longer after.

My old riding partner is no longer a rabbit---he is struggling so we will see him at the end of the summer when he has his fitness back. Two of the riders this morning had also ridden with him before and took great pleasure in making him sprint up some of the slopes- interval training to get his fitness back they said. Payback time is what I called it.

Spike Milligan