Old 07-02-12, 07:10 AM
Wogster

Bikes: Old Bike: 1975 Raleigh Delta, New Bike: 2004 Norco Bushpilot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Frankfast
I took a pretty violent fall last week and although I didn't break anything, I'm still treating my wounds. I did go out for my first ride yesterday since I went down but have to admit, I'm a bit intimidated. I don't think the accident was avoidable and happened very fast which made it more bothersome.
My luck seems to be running out. While returning home yesterday, I was attacked by a very large poodle and fell off trying to dismount quickly on a dirt road on my mountain bike. Lately riding hasn't been enjoyable.
With dogs, I find the best solution, drop down a gear, run the RPM's up, then pop back into the higher gear, dogs are sprinters, they can run pretty fast, but they tend to run out of gas pretty quickly. If you want to encourage him to run out of gas quicker, dump your reserve bottle of ice water on his head, takes all the fun out of it, for the dog. If you have a problem with the same dog, over and over, then note where it is, call the local animal control officer (if there is one), they will take care of it.