View Single Post
Old 07-02-12, 08:08 AM
tarwheel 

Bikes: Waterford RST-22, Bob Jackson World Tour, Ritchey Breakaway Cross, Soma Saga, De Bernardi SL, Specialized Sequoia

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
I used Pasela TG 28s on my commuter bike for a month or so but took them off because they rode so slow. They were not noticeably more comfortable riding than the 25 mm Michelin ProRace or Conti GP 4000s that I had been using, but my average speed dropped by at least 1 mph. I got a flat during the first few days of using the Paselas, but I don't blame the tires for that because it was a large chunk of glass that would have flatted nearly any tire. I've since been using Conti GP 4 Season 28s for commuting as well as Vittoria Rubino Pros 25s. Of all the tires I've tried for commuting, my current favorite would be the Rubino Pros -- they are comfortable, light weight, have very low rolling resistance and available in sizes up to 28 mm. No flats and good treadwear so far in about 1,000 miles of riding. If looking for 32s, I would try the Vittoria Randonneur Hypers based on my experience with Rubinos.