View Single Post
Old 07-02-12, 04:28 PM
Picchio Special

Bikes: '39 Hobbs, '58 Marastoni, '73 Italian custom, '75 Wizard, '76 Wilier, '78 Tom Kellogg, '79 Colnago Super, '79 Sachs, '81 Masi Prestige, '82 Cuevas, '83 Picchio Special, '84 Murray-Serotta, '85 Trek 170, '89 Bianchi, '90 Bill Holland, '94 Grandis

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by StanSeven

In the case of Lance, you may think he's innocent or guilty but USADA should just have said thats enough. He's been proven not guilty from over 500 drug tests. Let's just leave it alone. Instead they are spending taxpayer money for no good reason. I would like this money to go towards better purposes.
I would have some sympathy for this argument if you were on every board on the internet decrying the misspending of taxpayer dollars. But I'd bet my retirement fund (what's left of it) that you're not. You're here, because it's really about Lance, and not really about "taxpayer money." "Taxpayer money" goes every day for pork barrel projects that don't do squat to solve social problems, but I don't see photos of you protesting that fact in front of the Capitol Building in Washington. But maybe you are, in which case it should be easy to provide proof: please provide a photo or a link that shows that you're really genuinely, deeply concerned about the misuse of taxpayer money in a wide range of instances, and that's really why you're here.
And by the way, the "500 drug tests" mantra you feel compelled to repeat is the weakest link in the Armstrong defense. Beating drug tests is not that hard. Pantani beat all the tests. Marion Jones beat all the tests. Now if you really want to make the case that they were both clean, well, then I'm all ears.

Last edited by Picchio Special; 07-02-12 at 04:33 PM.