View Single Post
Old 07-03-12, 04:55 PM
jimmuller 
What??? Only 2 wheels?

Bikes: 72 Peugeot UO-8, 82 Peugeot TH8, 87 Bianchi Brava, 76? Masi Grand Criterium, 74 Motobecane Champion Team, 86 & 77 Gazelle champion mondial, 81? Grandis, 82? Tommasini, 83 Peugeot PF10

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1222 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 232 Posts
Today I logged into the office early so I felt no guilt when I hit the road in early afternoon. Made an easy 1-hour run into Lexington, but had to get back for a phone conference at 3PM. Got some more work done, then my sweetie said "Why don't you take the bike out again?" Hard to argue with that sentiment, so I went out again, about an hour and half this time. Through Waverly Square, took Rt 60 to Arlington Center, rode the MM out to Lexington. Spent a few minutes browsing the farmers' market, resisting the temptation to buy some baked thingy to eat.

On the way out I must have said "On your left" a dozen times as I passed people. About half of them said thanks. But only one person passed me, and he said "You set a nice pace!" We spoke for a few minutes, and I told him I got nervous with someone on my wheel!

On the way back east I went more slowly, got passed by a lot of hotshots, and not one announced his presence.

Last edited by jimmuller; 07-03-12 at 09:54 PM.