Old 07-04-12, 05:39 PM
moppeddler

Bikes: Trek 1.5, Scwinn Sporterra comp, Cannondale Synapse carbon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Heat zapped me today!

We've been having a record heat wave here but the humidity's been down, and it hasn't been that bad. With the holiday today, I thought what a great time to get the old hybrid out (it's been awhile since I've ridden it) and do a nice long ride.

My plan was to go ove to the Katy Trail and do 62 miles. I figured start early, beat the heat, it's nice & flat, I'll get it done in 4 hours or so.

Well I get over there, and discover my brakes are rubbing, and the bike is all out of adjustment. Back home for repairs, and back to the trail. Now its8:30 instead of 7, and starting to get hot & humid already. Today hotter much quicker, and way more humid. I'm struggling to maintain 12 mph! Ugh!

I decide to turn around at 20 miles, and it's a struggle to get home. I probably stopped 6 times in the last 10 miles. My HR was WAY up for a flat ride. Weird. I swear another mile or two, and I'm not sure I could have made it. Came home and took a big nap. I never sleep during the day. Been feeling like crap ever since. Just starting to feel normal now 6 hrs later.