Old 07-04-12, 07:23 PM
RobbieTunes
Banned.

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked 1,407 Times in 908 Posts
Originally Posted by Maycat
Thank you! I will do just that. My housemate has offered to help do the work for me, partly because I cook for him all the time, partly because he is hoping that after the triathlon I give him the bike! I am just so grateful to have found it.
Sounds like he's already had a nip at the Ironman Kool-Aid. It happens.

What you have is an extremely capable bike that has an fan following because it's well deserved. It was designed for just what you want to do, that is, train and compete without the bike being in inhibitor in your success.

The bike is well-balanced, well-equipped, precise, and smooth.

It's so affordable, there's little financial risk involved; you can likely get it ready, compete on it, and sell it for a slight profit.

It's so competent, you may well decide not to let it go. I

've seen them used to "start off," and I've seen very experienced triathloners decide they're more fun to compete on than modern, specific bikes.

One is scheduled to be ridden in the Portland, OR half-Ironman, and another is currently crossing the USA from sea to shining sea. They range from beat up to pristine, and $50 to $500.

They're hard to kill, because they're Iron, man!

Last edited by RobbieTunes; 07-04-12 at 07:24 PM. Reason: I'm RobbieTunes, and I approved this ad.