Old 07-06-12, 07:29 AM
cbuddy2005

Bikes: old GT avalanche, Ribble Ti Endurance disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Darsh
My first post in the BF, though I've been reading and lurking in the forums for a couple of months. I'm a complete newbie at biking.

Got and entry level road bike and started biking in spring this year. ATM feel fairly confident on my bike and enjoying the rides. I'm able to do 30 mile rides on weekends and shorter rides on weekday evenings.

Yesterday was my first day commuting to work. It ~14 miles urban commute one way. The ride in to work was smooth and event free.

Started back from downtown Toronto in the evening rush hour traffic. On one of the intersections while turning left my front wheel got caught in the streetcar tracks and I went down hard. Fortunately no traffic behind me. Chain came off derailleurs. Fixed the chain and inspected everything.

No damage to bike or myself except a few scratches on leg.

Got up and carefully started to finish the turn and got caught in the tracks again. Went down again , though not as hard. Reached home alright after that.

So how do the regulars avoid this, other than taking a different route altogether?

BTW today's ride in to work was fine.

Cheers
Darsh
Sorry to hear about the crashes/tipovers.

Ya' gotta' cross those things at a 90 degree angle. RR tracks, speed bumps, ruts, tree roots all the same kinda' thing.