Old 07-07-12, 09:33 AM
gomango

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 821 Post(s)
Liked 255 Times in 142 Posts
Originally Posted by iab
Holy crap! I'm in deep trouble (or in other words, let the sandbagging begin )

Went for my first hard ride since May. As many of you know, I had (and still have) bronchitis. I'm coughing 5 weeks later but at least my airway isn't shut off for 20 seconds after a coughing fit. Then I dumped my commuter 2 weeks ago. The road rash is healing well as are my shoulder and ribs. But they are still sore and probably will be for another 2-4 weeks. Us older folks need time to heal.

Anyhow, I did a a hair less under 100k with 3 short but very steep hills at the start and end (same hills) in about 3:20. My bailout is 49 gear inches as I'll have 46 for my setup for the DD. At the top of the last hill, I literally needed to stop and take a knee as I felt the imminent return of breakfast. I limped the last 3 miles home.

When I got home, the temp was 87 on the north side of my house, under a tree. Somehow I suspect Mineral Point in August will be similar.

5 weeks and counting folks.
I have been looking for decent hills in the Twin Cities and they are in short supply.

Riding down to Hastings today from St. Paul and the southern Metro has some doozies.

Off to New Richmond, Wi. tomorrow to the in laws dairy farm. There some whoppers on the way and it's about sixty miles or so each way.

I just have to keep piling on the miles and I should be fine.

Good luck with the healing process iab!