Old 07-10-12, 10:38 AM
mwandaw
Half Fast

Bikes: A road bike and a tandem road bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 2 Posts
Here are pictures of the bike as it is today and the hub.

I'd be glad to contact Tandems East or Precision Tandems, but I think the problem is simpler than that.

I had the rear wheel trued and the drum brake removed at Richard's Cyclery in Garden Grove. When I asked about spacers he pulled a small handful of washers, spacers and nuts out of a box in the back corner of his shop. He said that some combination of those parts would work, and he was right. I'm just trying to put together something out of spare parts that is simpler and closer to stock. I'm pretty sure I can find the part(s) in my spares somewhere. I'm just trying to get an idea of what the part(s) look like on a stock early model RT1000. From what I have seen, they all had Shimano hubs.

teamdonterri - We are 50/50 on riding with the Orange County Rebel Riders this weekend. We'll be very busy on Saturday, so that's out. Then on Sunday it might be better for us to spend some more time close to home continuing to make the bike "ours". For example, we still need to work on the stoker's seat, handlebar and stem. On the other hand, somewhere in the darkest part of my mind I can hear the faint but undeniable call of the Rebels...

(Ali is going to be all over me when he sees that we bought a bike with rim brakes!)

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC06912_small.jpg (100.4 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg
DSC06914_small.jpg (99.2 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by mwandaw; 07-10-12 at 10:43 AM.