Old 07-12-12, 03:18 PM
jsutkeepspining
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by walnutz
I know there's a thread about race questions, but since this one is Austin specific and you guys seem helpful, I thought I would gauge opinion on if I'm ready to race:

I comfortably rode in the main pack in a Mellow Johnny's MOTR ride a month or more ago and am in much better shape since then. That being said, I had good wind protection.

A year ago, I finished in the first quarter of riders in the BSS Tres Burritos Hill ride. I'm not quite in that shape right now because of knee surgery in November, but I feel like I'm not too far off.

Bottom line is I want to race, and will soon, but I want to know if I should train a little more before my first outing.

Just go out and race, honestly u can train and train, and still get dropped, or you could race and race and start to win. I'm at my fastest when i race instead of train (like 50% racing 50% jra, versus 100% structured training).

mainly what im trying to say is that racing is 100% different than riding, so just go out there and see what its like!