View Single Post
Old 07-12-12, 05:54 PM
chris675D

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton

Remember this. You'll read this a few months from now and have a good laugh at yourself.

This reminds me of a funny story. I had to walk maybe 2 miles to my high school every morning. My neighbor and I would walk together. One morning my shoe came untied soon after we got started. I handed him my backpack to hold as I tied my shoe. He was so busy telling me a story that he forgot to hand it back to me while we continued walking to school. He didn't realize until we got to campus that he'd carried both mine and his backpacks the entire way. I wasn't gonna say a word. I was grinning the whole time.

Staying on the front of the pack is rookie mistake #1. No one (except a teammate*) is going to relieve you of that duty voluntarily

They took advantage of your generosity and spent maybe 30% less energy than you did as they followed you around for 8 laps.

*team tactics are in Chapter 5.

That was a funny story. I stayed in the front bc I didn't want to get stuck in the back like the unknown distance race but when I realized everyone was just going to draft me, I slowed down and tried letting someone get past so I could draft but no body would until the 8th lap or so when the smart guys attacked.