Old 07-16-12, 09:46 AM
Nightshade
Humvee of bikes =Worksman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
Have to admit I'm a bit shocked by that answer. Maybe I should elaborate.....

I've only been riding for less than a month. I originally had some soreness in my elbow which I seemed to fix it by lowering the handlebars. If was after that I began to experience some pain in my hand. I'm not sure I should call it numbness because it's not a tingling sensation, like when your foot falls asleep, but more like a soreness. I don't lose and feeling in my hand or fingers, but they do get sore. Varying hand placement helps, but it's still there. From everything I read it seems it's a bike fit sort of problem, but I'm unsure where to go now. Move seat...change the tilt of the bars?

I don't mean to disparage you, but it seems to me that nerve damage after such a short time on the bike seems unlikely.
Sorry, what you discribe IS nerve damage!! The bike riding now may be irritating the nerve injury that was already there!

Either way you should find out how bad the injury is now and what the doctor says to do to keep it from getting worse!!!

Originally Posted by krazygluon
Steel: nearly a thousand years of metallurgical development
Aluminum: barely a hundred, which one would you rather have under your butt at 30mph?