Old 08-08-05, 12:07 AM
dwj444

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Pricing My 2003 Bianchi Pista

Hey all,

I have a conundrum that I was hoping you all might contribute your thoughts on. I have a 2003 Bianchi Pista that I am very attached to, although I am fairly certain that it's not really the right size for me (it's a 53 cm frame; my other two bikes are 55 and 56 cm, respectively). I'm seriously considering buying a mountain bike this summer to add to the collection (I think it would probably be geared, despite my misgivings about deraileurs and shifters, etc.), and I think something has to go in order to keep the peace in my apartment. I recently finished building up an old Nishiki frame into a beautiful single speed beast (52 x 16), which I am thrilled with and riding daily.

I don't know if I can convince myself to part with the Pista (it's been through a lot with me and it's a great bike), but if I were to sell it, what price should I ask for it? It's a 2003 (the battleship grey color with black decals). My only additions to the stock setup were a set of nitto pursuit bars, a Tiagra front brake with a CrossTop lever, and a set of Shimano M520 pedals (probably less than 100 bucks worth of investment, all told). I think I paid a little less than 500 when it was new. There are a few nicks in the paint, although I've kept it wrapped in old inner tubes for much of its life. What would you be willing to pay for such a ride? I'm in Chicago, and I have no doubt that it will sell if I put it up on Craig's list. I just want to know how much y'all think I should ask for it.

Thanks for the input!
D.