View Single Post
Old 07-16-12, 07:52 PM
Whiteknight

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by runbikerun
I was finishing up a ride this afternoon when a couple punks threw a cup of dip spit at me from there car as i passed by them it didn't hit me directly but i did get some on me, i turned around and got close enough to get there liscense plate number as they were waiting for traffic to clear, my question is should i call the cops and report this to try and teach these punks a lesson or would i be wasting my time seeing as the police probably won't do anything. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Chris
That will depend on where you live. In this town the police would do nothing. First thing they would ask is if you can positively I.D. the person in the vehicle that threw the object at you. Without a positive I.D. they will do nothing. If they question the driver of the vehicle as to who was on the side of the vehicle from which the object was thrown they would most likely claim no knowledge of the incident.
Under PA law there would be several possible charges that could result but most likely the local District Judge (District Justice) would give the minimum fine if you suffered no injury. And if was a juvenile who threw it nothing would be done.

You might want to carry a small canister of pepper spray. I had one incident of a nearly full cup of soda hit me in the middle of the back. Caught up with the vehicle. The juvie and his mother thought it was funny until the fog came in through the kid's open window. I just rode away grinning!