View Single Post
Old 07-18-12, 04:15 PM
dddd
Ride, Wrench, Swap, Race

Bikes: Cheltenham-Pedersen racer, Boulder F/S Paris-Roubaix, Varsity racer, '52 Christophe, '62 Continental, '92 Merckx, '75 Limongi, '76 Presto, '72 Gitane SC, '71 Schwinn SS, etc.

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1565 Post(s)
Liked 1,295 Times in 865 Posts
Heh, this is the first I've heard about the Seral. I found one at Goodwill a few years back, and briefly (one Fall season) did a lot of off-roading on that stock bike with big 27" gumwalls!
It came with a Kawamura cartridge bb that's still smooth and all-steel. From 1982 or 83 iir.

This week, I am angling on the purchase of a very-early'70's Nishiki, a pretty nice one in top original condition. I'm hoping to pick it up today for ~140.00, because it's my size (i.e. on the big size, nicely compensating for it's presumeably layed-back geometry).

I should have pic's up later today, so ya'll polish your glasses and adjust your monitors. Date codes for the Shimano HF hubs is first-letter "R" btw, and the derailers are early Suntour with lots of holes in the cages!

I'm getting only a little ahead of myself here, and getting the cash together almost as I type. I was really impressed by the detailed decalry.

I gotta run now, but will try to get a nice pic of the Seral up today as well.

I doubt Vendorz is around now, but if he/she sees this, thanks for the very detailed photos of this obscure model!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pic's to come............