Old 07-18-12, 08:08 PM
Gavush
(this space for rent)

Bikes: 2018 Synapse Dura-Ace, 1995 Specialized M2-pro, 1995 Gary Fisher Montare

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Grim wins the cookie... good analysis, off a year but real close!

Finally got down to tearing this thing apart... I've a friend who is interested in riding and I'm going to sort it out for him to ride until he decides if he wants to get serious and buy something nice.. then I'll throw fenders on it for in the rain. Anyway, I found red paint up front, and white paint in the back and center, and using that information, the components that were on it, and the hunch that I thought it was a panasonic I managed to ID it as an '87 DT-2000 using https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-U...2000Page13.jpg - it's actually got almost all of it's original parts. Looks like the only things not original are the rear derailleur and hub. Unfortunately the bottom bracket is pretty rough on the adjustment side though the bearings look ok, front hub cones are a little pitted... stem is stuck in the steer tube and one of the pedals was giving me trouble but I plan to kroil those for a bit... head set feels pretty gritty and notchy so we'll see there... but looks like I'm going replace the front bearings (toast) to re-grease it all and replace the cables and housings, hoods and tape. I already have a sette italia saddle I picked up at goodwill for a couple of bucks that felt pretty good out to the redbox the other day... (The panasonic one was horrid)