The Craigster

Bikes: Maruishi Roadace, Trek 800

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey guys - thanks for the support!

To clarify a few things:
1) I actually have the entire cockpit intact. I pulled the original Sakae Ringyo stem, brake cables, and housings out in one fell swoop. As it sits, I could swap to the originals in < 5mins.
2) Before anyone asks, the rear brake caliper is flopped around because the tolerances on the rear brake stay are really tight, and when I upgraded tires, it was the only way I could get it to fit without rubbing.
3) The Sparrows are the 520mm version. Saw the 490mm's on a few bikes online and thought they looked a tad funny, so I went one size up. Stem is a Nitto Technomic 100mm x 225mm (which is HUGE btw).
4) That flashlight/ flashlight mount came from dealextreme's website. Took forever to get to me (like two months) but functions really well as a headlight and only cost me about $35-40 for the whole setup (flashlight, mount, two batteries and charger). Was a great deal, but thought I was getting gipped for a little while there.

Now, the only thing left to do here is get a new seatpost. This bike is a tad too small for me, but I really love it, so I'm in the market for a new post. If anyone has any leads on a good 26.6 post (I know, they're hard to come by), please let me know!!