Old 07-19-12, 05:32 AM
MrTuner1970
Underwhelming

Bikes: Lynskey R330 Ti, Dean El Vado Ti, Trek 4300

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
We probably rode close together since I was in the back some of that same race. I was in the black Absolute Racing kit. There were two of us in the race. I finished 13th and my teammate finished 5th.

This was only my second crit, but felt like the first one since I was dropped so early in my first.

I had no idea crits could be that much fun! Prior to the race, I had been thinking of doing only road races because I thought they'd be safer. After reading some of the what folks here have said about crit safety and then being in one, I'm totally ready for more. Lots of fun!

I am still so timid and nervous about moving up in the pack. My legs felt great the entire time, and I could have finished better if I'd had the guts to move up. Everyone says that comes with experience. Guess I gotta just do it.

Originally Posted by AMFJ
I did my first crit last weekend also. Our avg speed was 25.1. Without a doubt the hardest part was the accordian through the corners because I was at the back most of that race. Speeds dropped down to around 20 in the corners and then I had to surge back up to 30 to catch back on---this was particuarly true of one corner. Had to do that for 45 minutes plus 5 laps. I loved every minute of it.

Can't wait to do more and I'm definitely doing cyclocross this fall.