Old 07-22-12, 08:48 PM
RoadTire 

Bikes: '09 Trek 2.1 * '75 Sekine * 2010 Raleigh Talus 8.0 * '90 Giant Mtb * Raleigh M20 * Fuji Nevada mtb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mithrandir
Over the weekend I was involved in an automobile collision ... incredibly lucky that I was wearing a helmet; that thing is trashed beyond belief and the paramedics and emergency room doctor said that I would have either had major permanent brain damage or died altogether had I not been wearing a helmet. Hell of a thing to hear.
Glad to hear you came out of it ok. Nice to know you the helmet did it's job - that is one piece of equipment I would be happy to replace. No matter what anyone else says, at the very least you have a lot less of a headache and didn't get scalped. It's a good thing. I won't go without it. I hate headaches.
FB4K - Every October we wrench on donated bikes. Every December, a few thousand kids get bikes for Christmas. For many, it is their first bike, ever. Every bike, new and used, was donated, built, cleaned and repaired. Check us out on FaceBook: FB4K.

Disclaimer: 99% of what I know about cycling I learned on BF. That would make, ummm, 1% experience. And a lot of posts.