Old 07-22-12, 08:59 PM
baiskeli
unaangalia nini?

Bikes: Jamis Quest (Ultegra components,Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels and Reynods Ouzo Pro Fork), Gary Fisher Tassajara

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wow!, lots of [insert bad word here] in this thread. Definitely ignore them and use the "ignore" feature.

Glad you're OK.

Back to your question, I don't see any problem with getting the same helmet. If it felt comfortable, I'd go with the same helmet.

I use one of those weight weenie helmets (Bell Sweep R) and I have crashed with a similar weight weenie helmet in the past (my fault, went down hard, helmet trashed but head OK). I could concievably see the vents making the helmets slightly less impact absorbing, but I assume that since they passed the ANSI/SNELL standards there is no difference or the difference is negligible.

I've been looking at a Cannondale Teramo (I've a funny shaped head apparently, and other than Bell Helmets only the Cannondale fits me well). I used to have a Giro Helmet but it just never fit me right.

I can heartily recommend the Bell Sweep R or similar (though they are kind of pricey, I bought mine when for some reason Costco had them on sale for $40). It comes with a snap on visor. I don't know whether Bell still makes them.

The one thing I'm positive of is that higher priced helmets do not offer more protection than lower priced helmets. You're paying for weight, ventilation, possibly more fit options and looks.