View Single Post
Old 07-23-12, 08:24 PM
Dchiefransom

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by PedalingFool
I was riding down the roads near my home today... these teenagers thought it'd be funny if they swerved into my lane and act like they were going to run me over. It wasn't just a light swerve but a very sharp and aggressive one. I really thought they were going to flatten me and it scared the crap out of me...

After it happened I realized that I knew the car and I know who the kid is... he's actually a friend of the teenager kid that lives 2 houses down from me and is there almost every day.

Now he might have recognized me and was goofing around but I never talked to my neighbor, his kids, or their friends... not so much as a wave hello. So I'm just not so sure about that, why would they suddenly act like they know me and play around. But not that it would excuse it and make it alright.

I don't just want to let it go and not say anything about it. If they did it to me who knows how many other cyclists they've done it to. Obviously, I don't want to be violent, threatening, or do any damage to the car. They are kids... But I do plan on going to visit them the next time I see their car in the driveway.

What should I say?
Should I make fun of the boy for having an orange PT Cruiser? (probably mom's car)?

I'm sure whatever I say they'll probably just smirk it off though...

KIDS THESE DAYS!!!

Oh, on a positive note, it made my adrenaline really pump up and I was able to do an extra 20 miles easily... ended up with 52 for the day after only planning on doing 30.
The only thing they will understand is if you walk up and firebomb the car, or similar.