Old 07-24-12, 10:22 AM
Muddeprived

Bikes: Magna XL2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey there, it's been a while so I figured I'd update this on what went down with this cheap bike. I took it to a local bike shop that's got some good reviews and told em that my front bearing is bad and lacked the tools to fix it. The guy there instantly grabbed it out of my hands (I had the front wheel with me) and went in the back room. He came out 3 minutes later and said the hub was loose and bearing was fine. He tightened it up and all was good. Sweet! I told em I'll be back in a few months to purchase a better bike (will do). He didn't want no money and said have a good day! That was nice of him to help me out. So I got the front bearing fixed at no cost and now about to order a $14 replacement shock for it. I realized that the bike had a 650 in/lb spring on it (shock is oozing oil and no longer functional) and i'm 175 lbs so I'm gonna order the 1500 lb version ($14 free shipping) and install that and the bike should be good to go until I save up for a nicer high-end bike (still researching). If i need something else, pls let me know!

I'm also purchasing the required tools to fix bearings and other parts of the bike. I'll use this cheapie magna bike to learn the basics so I know what to do whenever issues arise on the new bike.

This new found hobby in biking reminds me so much of my jeeping history. I bought a 2000 Jeep Wrangler back in 2002 and learned all about it during that time, experimenting with lifts, tires, etc. Ten years later I buy another Jeep Wrangler and with my experience, I know exactly what to do and not to do. It's like history is repeating itself....in another hobby. LOL.

Last edited by Muddeprived; 07-24-12 at 10:27 AM.