Old 07-24-12, 11:17 PM
Drillium Dude 
Banned.

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2588 Post(s)
Liked 4,824 Times in 1,709 Posts
Originally Posted by fusatia
Just an update: the box was delivered to the USPS drop off at 7:07pm local time.

Also, another thing I noticed (and appreciated) about the box: all of the crap is really clean! Good job to everyone who put things in (especially cassettes) clean and kept the box from becoming a big mess.

Also- I think the box needs to be replaced soon - all of the bottom corners are blown out. I did my best to reinforce it with clear packaging tape (my apologies to jeirvine, it's going to be a b***h to open). Perhaps the person after jeirvine could pick up another box (I think they're free from USPS?) and have it ready. I would have, but to do so would probably have delayed its shipment by several days.

Thanks to everyone who participated, I'm excited to put those parts to use!
Since the box seems to be hovering around 25lbs, it seems the packaging is only going to last about 2/3 hand-offs. I will have a new Flat Rate box standing by, but it might be needed even before it reaches me. The boxes are indeed free.

Jeirvine, you'll be able to judge for yourself once you receive it. If you need to get a new box, and that delays shipment a couple days, so be it.

Thanks for the update - BTW, did the map ever get sent separately from the box as was planned? It sorta sux that we aren't able to track it for posterity's sake any more

DD