Thread: Bianchi Volpe
View Single Post
Old 07-25-12, 09:08 PM
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1973 Raleigh Twenty, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 400 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5172 Post(s)
Update: no updates.

By that, I mean this bike has been just about perfect. It's my go-to bike for just about everything.

I wish the gears were a bit closer together, but it's OK. I've changed the rear tire, and I've put on pedals that have SPD on one side and accept a regular shoe on the other side.

That's about all.

I'll soon install a rack and some dynamo lights. I still haven't decided about fenders. I don't want it to get too, too heavy.

As someone said, it's not super quick in handling, but it's quite decent at climbing. And it's absolutely amazing at high-speed descents. I can ride no-hands and turn around at high speed. Not that it's a good idea, but I can do it.

I have fantasies of putting on an 8- or 9-speed drivetrain, but that would be a lot of expense for not-a-lot of improvement. Same with lighter rims.

“When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.” — Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.